I have two pieces of good news to share with you today. After all the difficulties of the pandemic period and in spite of a major relocation (with house move) my small business, Amanda Jane Textiles has recently won two awards, which I’d like to tell you about (hope that’s OK!)
The courses I offer on the Craft Courses UK website are now worthy of a Gold Medal – hooray!
My ‘signature’ course is the one-to-one Quilt in a Day course for absolute beginners. Here is a brand new quilter-in-the-making who took her course in my studio in Ramsgate just this week. The course is very carefully constructed to assist the learning, all the equipment is provided and a carefully curated set of materials is provided for each learner – based on their preferences of course!
You can book this course on this website right on this page here (scroll to the bottom of the page). There are a couple of dates available still for December and plenty next year. The course would make a nice Christmas present – or you might like to treat yourself to a day learning a new skill in the New Year…
I have recently introduced an option for two learners to come together. Recently a mother and daughter came to the studio for the course, which was great fun. If you are interested in this option, contact me using the contact form on the Classes page here
Here is some of the feedback from four learners who have done ‘Quilt in a Day’ (the full reviews can be seen on the Craft Courses UK website)
- I had such a wonderful, fun, productive day learning to make a quilt with Amanda last week
- It was a very inspiring day and made quilting very doable even for a beginner – the fabrics were lovely
- I did a one to one course with Amanda at the weekend and it is the best thing I have done in a long time
- I thoroughly enjoyed the day spent with Amanda learning the skills of traditional quilt making
- What a great day! Very patient teacher with a novice and full of tips and tricks
- Thoroughly enjoyed the quilt making course. Amanda is very patient and a fantastic teacher
Also, on the first of December, I earned an Etsy Star Seller badge!
The award is based on performance, specifically sales, dispatch and reviews. The Amanda Handmade Quilts shop is still very new. In the Amanda Jane Textiles shop, all the patterns are quite reasonably priced, so large sales targets are a stretch. There have been some lovely reviews from customers recently, sometimes including a photo of the item they have made from the pattern. I’m so happy to have met the requirements.
Far and away the best-selling pattern is the Christmas Tree Skirt. This was my very first pattern when I began in September 2014 and it is still going strong! Buy it here
Next week on the blog: the final instalment of the 2021 ‘Summer Bouquets’ quilt.